January 30, 2015

Tag You're It Challenge #14


Happy Friday!
It's time for new inspiration at Tag You're It!

So very excited to share with you today that Debby Hughes is our Guest this challenge! Once you have a look at her fabulous inspiration tag I am sure you are going to want to play along with us.  Here is the tag that we are using for our Inspiration...



The softness and colours are so gorgeous! When I create a project from an inspiration, whether it is a tag or a card, I start off by studying the photo. I look at the make up of the design, essentially make a sketch in my head or in my notebook. Then I think about the elements that were used, the shapes, the sizes, the materials, the colours and the theme. Taking it all into account I plan out how I am going to interpret the inspiration and make it my own. 

I was inspired by the embossed background, the die cut elements, the band across the bottom of her tag and the theme. Where Debby's tag is Christmas themed mine is Valentines themed.

I die cut and embossed my tag in white and die cut only a portion of the tag with red cardstock for the bottom band. The darling dog, dog bowl and heart were stamped, die cut and Copic coloured. The sentiment on the bottom band was embossed in white and then adhered to the bottom of the tag.  The other stamped and Copic coloured elements were added to the tag with foam tape.  All of my product used are new Reverse Confetti (see Darnell I am already starting to work on my new NBUS!)


tracey_TYI#14

27 comments :

I Card Everyone said...

Love the tag, the sentiment font, and that darling doggie ... I woof him, too...
=] Michele

Becca Cruger said...

How sweet is this little tag?! It's absolutely adorable!

Marianne said...

Such a sweet tag, Tracey. Thanks also for explaining your working method for taking inspiration from someone else's work and making it your own.

Darnell said...

I woof your darling tag, Tracey!! And it's so true that dogs have the life, isn't it? The whole thing is stinkin' cutie-patootie!! Have a great day!! Enjoy hubby and your new goodies, not necessarily in that order, tee-hee! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

He's such a dapper little fella with his polka dot bow tie!! So super cute Tracey. I see you dug right into the haul hubby brought home ;)

Kara said...

so cute!

donna mikasa said...

Love your tag and now I want those puppy stamps/dies! Super cute take on Debby's tag!

Shelly said...

Oh, how CUTE is this?!!...Totally, LOVE it!

Annette Allen said...

I have got to get that little dog set.. this is too cute..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo cute! LOVING that dog!!!!

Unknown said...

This tag is darling! Soo cute!

Bobby said...

Super cute, Tracey. Love your dog coloring.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

eeek, this is adorable my friend! Perfect!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is dog-gone cute! I love the embossed hearts on the background and your little dog!

Lindsey said...

So cute! And I loved reading about your creative process. I have so much to learn from you!

~amy~ said...

yay! Love how you used your RC goodies Tracey! Such a fun tag!

Marybeth said...

So darn adorable!

Happy Dance said...

An absolutely adorable tag, Tracey! Just gotta love the quality and sweet images/sentiments from RC. Thanks for sharing your creative process too. It's always interesting to learn how other crafters use inspiration in their designs. Have a great weekend. Bev

Lynn Put said...

Oh, Tracey this is so doggone cute! You've created such a sweet little scene with this RC dog image and I really like the white embossed sentiment along the bottom.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOOOVE your tag - so super CUTE!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

precious!

Anita in France said...

So sweet, Tracey ... all that lovely layering and terrific texture ... and of course that cute pooch! Anita :)

Sharron said...

So adorable!! Love that precious little dog and the wonderful embossed hearts background! Thanks for sharing some notes on your creative process--very inspirational.

Joyce said...

Oh, no. That dog tag is just so cute, and now I think that I should adopt that dog, too. Love the bold red, white and grey colors you used. And, is tat a paper pieced bow tie? EEK

Sherrie M. said...

Such a cute little dog! Nicely colored.

cm said...

I woof your tag, Tracey! You've translated the design elements that caught your eye from Debby's tag wonderfully - in YOUR magnificent style. Colours, the pup, the paw-print EF (seriously cute!)...truly delightful! Way to rock the new RC!
Hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

Too stinkin' cute! Really love that embossed background!