June 22, 2013

Dynamic Duos #58



Time for a new colour Duo at Dynamic Duos!
This week uses monochromatic colours and what a great bright and bold combo!
Hope you join us this week.




I created two inspiration pieces this week.  For the first card I used Papertrey's Rosie Posie for a quick CAS card using the hexagons.  On a Tangerine Tango cardbase the hexagons are stamped with Papertrey's Terracotta Tile and Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe mid-tone ink.




Cardstock:  White, Terracotta Tile (Papertrey Ink) Tangerine Tango (Stampin'  Up)
Stamps: Rosie Posie, Think Big Favorites #13 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Terracotta Tile, True Black (Papertrey Ink) Soft Cantaloupe (Hero Arts)


My second take on this week Duo is a bit more involved.  I embossed my white cardstock with the hexagon Cover Plate and then stamped images from Happy Hexagons on the embossed panel.




Cardstock:  White, Terracotta Tile (Papertrey Ink) Tangerine Tango (Stampin'  Up)
Stamps: Happy Hexagons, Stylish Sentiments Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Terracotta Tile, True Black (Papertrey Ink) Soft Cantaloupe (Hero Arts)
Dies: Mat Stack 1, Hexagon Cover Plate (Papertrey Ink)
other: foam tape






25 comments :

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you stamped inside of the impression Tracey...I really love both of these cards...I always like to see color combos combined with hexagons!

Ardyth said...

both great, but I confess to a slight preference for the first, CAS one! Love the quilted feeling of the second, though!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Tracey! I love BOTH cards! The stamping are awesome and the colors go perfectly with the designs! Way to rock this challenge!

Barb said...

You used those colors perfectly, Tracey! Fabulous stamping!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both great Tracey with what I think are difficult colors!! But the second is my fave, reminds me of a quilt!!

Alanna said...

Great cards. I love the colors you used together.

Janet's Joy said...

Tracey you really rocked the hexagons this week! Wow!!

Michelle said...

Both these cards are fabulous, Tracey! I really love the quilted look. I haven't tried that with my cover plate, so it is now on my to-try list. :-)

Beverley said...

Fabulous cards, love your style. Hugs Bev x

~amy~ said...

Oooohhh...love them BOTH.

Lynn said...

Two stunning cards. I love the sweet little floral background on the second one and the graphic feel of the first.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Dang - you got that first card lined up so straight! What do you do to accomplish that? Mine are always off :( -- love that second card -- fabulous creations!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the simplicity of the first one, need to pull out those stamps.

Unknown said...

beautiful! both designs are so perfectly stamped and executed. lovely!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards. Love them both!

Wida said...

if this was my card, I would have to make this like 10 times to get it right because my stamping would have been awful! hence I am not a stamping stamper card maker. All my stuff hides the fact that stamping is hard for me!

Great card.

Sharron said...

Awesome use of the colors--love both of these! Fabulous quilted pattern with those perfectly stamped stamps images!

Anonymous said...

I love both the cards you created for this combo. Really love these colors together!

Lori Turner said...

Love both of your cards this week, Tracey!! Totally love the background you made on card #2 :D

Kim Heggins said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! Another wonderful use of that hexagon die, need to pull mine out and start playing.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I love them both...and don't ask me to pick a favorite! Those honeycombs/hexagons are wonderful!

Joyce said...

Both of these are a super use of the color duo. And, they are so different--funny that they both have the same colors and hexagons, but could not be more different aside from those two things. I honestly love them both.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

wow Tracey, both of these cards are amazing.

AB. said...

Both cards are beautiful...I just can't pick a favourite!! I really love the geometric clean lines of the first one...but that quilted 'look' and the sentiment panel on the second one is so lovely!!! Great job on both...and thank you for my beautiful birthday card! mwah!

Unknown said...

Two for two! Fabulous card Tracey - such clean looks on both :)